Negotiating on Behalf of Your Organization
About This Course
Negotiating on Behalf of Your Organization will allow you to continue building skills you developed in Negotiating for Mutual Gains. This course adds a second, parallel idea. For each of us to be effective as a negotiator, we need to ensure that we have done our best to develop our own skills, and that key organizational processes, practices, and behaviors are aligned with our bargaining strategies so that the organization achieves the best results.
The key objectives in this Sprint include:
- Continuing to build individual skills with the Mutual Gains Approach.
- Practical application of negotiation tools designed to help organize and navigate the complexities of multi-party negotiations.
- Identifying organizational barriers that prevent or reduce the impact of our efforts, and collaboratively building strategies to break down these barriers.
- Developing shared perspectives on organizational objectives and barriers so you understand how your actions affect other key members of your negotiation value-chain.
Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Founder & President, Movius Consulting
What You Will Learn
Create influence maps for relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Tackle the ‘inside-outside’ problem of negotiating.
Develop an action plan to streamline internal negotiation constraints in order to arrive at better outcomes faster.
What You Will Do
Learn to better navigate complex, multi-party negotiations.
Practice internal negotiation techniques through hands-on practice scenarios.
INTRODUCTION TO MULTIPLE STAKEHOLDER NEGOTIATIONS
- Assessing Your MGA Progress
- Stakeholder Mapping & Analysis
- Max-3 Practice Exercise
- Max-3 Practice Exercise Debrief
BUILDING DEPTH OF EXPERTISE
- Negotiation as an Organizational Capability
- The Linder Negotiation: Preparing to Negotiate
- The Linder Negotiation: A New Perspective
- The Linder Negotiation: Success & Lessons Going Forward
CREATING PATHWAYS TO EXCELLENCE
- Organizational Negotiation: Tama Hospital
- Internal Tama Hospital Negotiation
- External Tama Hospital Negotiation
- Practical Lessons for Multiple Stakeholder Negotiations