Innovating for Business Growth
Propel Business Growth While Generating Radically Improved Processes
About an Hour Per Day
CorpU Certificate of Completion
Mid to Senior Level Leaders
About this Program
The Innovating for Business Growth program guides participants through the critical components of innovation. This includes design thinking, identifying, and understanding customer needs, creating a value proposition, solving problems, and prototyping solutions. This program focuses on shifting mindsets to focus on customer needs and apply methods to test, learn and reiterate. It incorporates philosophy and practical processes to support the evolving solutions that customers need. As a result of this approach to innovation, participants will propel business growth while generating radically improved processes.
Learn an organized process that builds individual and team confidence to explore new horizons for growth.
Understand how design thinking advance a human centered perspective and scientific approach towards problem solving and innovation.
Recognize challenges and barriers to success as opportunities for teams to collaborate and be creative.
Apply design thinking to study customers, draw insights and customer needs and develop a point of view about required solutions.
Practice analyzing customer needs and creating value propositions.
Learn strategies to minimize risk, expedite prototyping, and testing concepts.
About the Experts
Faculty Leader, Penn State ISBM
Co-Inventor of the Business Model Canvas
Professor, Management and Information Systems, University of Lausanne
Professor of Operations and Information Management at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Vice Dean of Innovation and the CIBC Professor of Entrepreneurship and e-Commerce at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Participant Quotes | Innovating for Business Growth
This has forced me to think differently about innovation and helped be bridge the barriers in my mind. Despite everything that is affecting us today, I feel empowered to apply what I have learned.
Past Participant | Healthcare Industry
The information is valuable and applicable to every organization. Even the best-run companies can improve and should find value from the course.
Past Participant | Fortune 300 Finance Industry
Week One: Mastering Design Thinking
- Assess your organization’s culture to identify potential barrier
- Learn about tools to think different and generate solutions
- Improve traditional brainstorming and ideation
Week Two: Journey Mapping, Analyzing Customer Needs and Value Propositions
- Use Customer Journey Mapping to empathize with customers
- Explore concepts of ethnographic research to identify unmet needs of customers or end users
- Proﬁle a customer segment using the Value Proposition Canvas
Week Three: Lead User Research
- Understand how to manage innovation risk and uncertainty
- Create a path from hypotheses to validation
- Explore how to choose the right business model for your proposed solution
Week Four: Using Business Model Canvas and Generating Solutions
- Discover why companies compete at the business model level and no longer at the product/service level
- Understand how to use the Business Model Canvas to tell the story of your new or improved business model
- Learn how the business model canvas is used to discover new business models or improve existing ones
Week Five: Improving and Prototyping Solutions
- Explore varied levers that drive improved solution generation
- Use proven innovation techniques to prompt breakthrough ideas
- Learn why prototyping represents a low-cost approach for validating solutions
Week Six: Testing Solutions for Market Fit
- Dealing with Innovation Risk and Uncertainty
- Exploring Why Business Models Don’t Work
- The Path from Hypotheses to Validation
- Drafting your Solution