Succeeding Through Total Leadership
Produce Sustainable Change In All Parts of Life
About This Course
Now, more than ever, success as a leader isn’t just about being a great businessperson. Leaders need to be great people, performing well in all domains of life – work, home, community, and the private self (mind, body, and spirit).
Total Leadership is a proven method for producing sustainable change in all parts of life that can be learned and practiced by anyone interested in growing their leadership capacity. The method is informed by decades of research and application by Stew Friedman, bestselling author of Total Leadership. ln this course, participants complete exercises to clarify their values, understand expectations of their key stakeholders, and conduct experiments to produce greater harmony and performance gains across all domains.
As participants learn the basic concepts and tools, practice them, and take part in peer coaching about how to use them, they learn how to achieve four-way wins – measurably improved results at work, at home, in the community, and for themselves – by following these principles:
- Be Real – act with authenticity by clarifying what’s important
- Be Whole – act with integrity by respecting the whole person
- Be Innovative – act with creativity by continually experimenting
Total Leadership starts and ends with the developing leader as a person – not the business person, but the whole person. Through this field-tested program, people learn how to succeed in their careers in a way that enriches their lives and how to enrich their lives in a way that advances their careers.
Professor, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Director of Client Services and Technology at Total Leadership
Introduction to Total Leadership and Being Real
- Exploring the Total Leadership Method
- Your Values as a Leader
- Where Have You Come From?
- Know What Really Matters
- Your Leadership Vision
- Your Four Domains
- Your Four-Way View
- Consequences of Your Choices
Being Whole and Being Innovative
- Introduction to Being Whole
- Identifying Key Stakeholders
- Exploring Stakeholder Expectations
- Fit with What’s Important
- Introduction to Being Innovative
- Designing Experiments
- Win Small/Win Smart
- Set Your Game Plan and Scorecard
- Take the Leadership Leap
- Serve Their Interests