About This Course
Building Organizational Agility Through Learning will help your team locate the learning and capability gaps at the heart of significant business problems and encourage your leaders to facilitate organizational learning. Participants will understand how to reframe business problems as learning challenges and identify factors that influence how individuals best learn — thereby strengthening your organization’s core capabilities to develop talent.
In the Learning Sprint, you will:
- Identify a blind spot or business challenge that requires team or organization learning.
- Reframe a current business problem to reveal the learning gaps.
- Conduct interactive dialogues to explore new information in a competitive environment.
- Practice listening and questioning skills to create an attitude of openness about the targeted business challenge.
- Define what's required to support continuous growth as the future becomes more difficult to forecast.
Inaugural Charles F. Donovan, S.J., Dean at Boston College’s Lynch School of Education and Human Development
What You Will Learn
Address business challenges using a problem-solving framework, and use learning approaches to determine which is best to leverage for business problems
Practice listening and questioning skills to create an open dialogue about the targeted business challenge
Use presencing and leadership capabilities to drive intentional change
What You Will Do
Learn to trace root causes of significant organization and leadership failures to the learning deficiencies that contributed to them
Recognize how leaders encourage organizational learning
Understand how to reframe business problems as learning challenges
THE IMPORTANCE OF LEARNING
- Adaptability: an Essential Organizational Capability
- The Role of Learning in Your Organization
- A Leader’s Job: Helping the Organization Learn How to Learn
CULTIVATING LEARNING THROUGH PEOPLE AND PROCESSES
- Increasing Adaptability by Embracing Uncertainty
- Uncovering Different
- Dimensions of a Business Problem
- Problem Solving and Application
ENABLING LEARNING ACROSS THE ORGANIZATION
- Creating and Fostering Processes That Facilitate Learning
- Matching Learning Theory to Challenge
- What Does It Take to Turn a Battleship?
QUESTIONING AND LISTENING SKILLS
- Fostering an Attitude of Openness to New Possibilities
- Anchoring Discussions in Good
- Communication Tools to Strengthen Dialogue
- Preparing Your Team to Pursue Learning
- Leading a Discussion with Your Team
- Shifting From Directive to Open Leadership
- Engaging With Challenges and Opportunities