Building a Positive Team Culture
Creating an Environment of Sustainable Productivity and Engagement
About This Course
Positivity is the key to creating empowering, virtuous organizations that naturally attract people. Drawing on a diverse body of research from healthcare to manufacturing, Professor Kim Cameron’s real-world, evidence-based examples demonstrate how leaders can affect organizational culture, positivity, and ultimately, productivity.
- People spend about 20% longer thinking about positive information than negative (and 50% longer than neutral statements).
- Studies show people are more accurate processing and recalling positive information than negative or neutral information.
- Central nervous system functioning is at its most effective in situations deemed positive.
- The positive energy of leaders has been seen to increase productivity 150%, as well as support job satisfaction, well being, cohesion, and team learning.
- Positivity increases life expectancy (6-7 years for one study and 12 years for another).
Drawing on a diverse body of research from healthcare to manufacturing, this sprint demonstrates how leaders can affect organizational culture, positivity, and ultimately, productivity. Assessments and group discussions enable participants to determine their current state of performance in a number of positive leadership categories, and then apply groundbreaking concepts to propel their teams forward.
William Russell Kelly Professor of Management and Organizations in the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan
What You Will Learn
Drive individual and team performance through the use of positive leadership principles
Improve leadership effectiveness through the application of positive leadership principles
Create measurable action plans for individual, team, and organizational performance improvement using positive leadership frameworks
What You Will Do
Learn and discuss key positive leadership principles, including four highly effective strategies for leaders
Identify key components of high-performance work environments that help teams and individuals flourish
Learn how to deploy the positive leadership toolkit in performance improvement initiatives
The Strength of Positive Leadership
- Positive Leadership
- Knowing Yourself and Your Organization
- Positively Energizing Leadership
- Breakout Group working session: Leveraging Your Strengths, Addressing the Gaps
Changing Your Culture
- How Positive Leadership Creates Positive Culture
- A Culture of Engagement
- Engagement in the Global Economy
- Breakout Group working session: The Price of Engagement
Sustaining Positive Culture
- The Key to Sustaining Positive Culture
- How Can Leaders Empower?
- The Path Forward
- Breakout Group working session: Creating and Sharing Your Action Plan