MECHANICSBURG, PA, May 13, 2011 - The Corporate University Xchange Awards for Excellence and Innovation in Corporate Learning salute corporate and government learning organizations that create exciting, impactful programs resulting in measurable improvements in employee and business performance. Since 1999, these independently judged awards have set the standard for corporate learning.
"These corporate learning organizations are key to the realization of business strategy," said Peter McAteer, CEO of CorpU. "Winning these awards is an added indicator of their success."
The presentations took place on Monday, May 9, 2011, at a gala dinner held at the University of Pennsylvania's Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, as part of the 2011 Global Leadership Congress, May 9-11, 2011, held in partnership with the University of Pennsylvania's Graduate School of Education.
Accenture was the big winner, taking home awards in three of six categories, and also receiving the Best Overall Corporate University award.
Awards were given for Excellence, Best Practice, and Exemplary Practice in each of six categories. CSC, Alstom, International Capital & Management Company, McCain Foods, and Raytheon Company also won in multiple categories.
CorpU congratulates this year's award winners for their innovative programs. To find out more about CorpU and the Annual Awards for Excellence and Innovation, please visit: www.corpu.com.
Alignment - Furthering corporate goals through learning and development efforts
- Excellence - CSC; Quintiles
- Best Practice - Accenture; Town Sports International
- Exemplary Practice - Shell/Jiffy Lube; Westinghouse Electric
Alliances - Making the best use of external providers
- Excellence - Seagate
- Best Practice - Alstom; CSC
- Exemplary Practice - Infosys; Owens & Minor
Branding - Developing and implementing innovative communication and branding strategies
- Excellence - Raytheon Company
- Best Practice - MillerCoors
- Exemplary Practice - McDonald's; International Capital & Management Company
Launching - Successfully beginning a new corporate university or leadership academy
- Excellence - Alstom; International Capital & Management Company
- Best Practice - Accenture; McCarthy Building Companies; Radio Flyer
- Exemplary Practice - Discover Financial Services; Landi Renzo S.p.A.; McCain Foods
Leadership Development - Implementing high-impact programs targeted to managers, high potentials, and senior executive leadership
- Excellence - AT&T; Raytheon Company
- Best Practice - Accenture; McCain Food
- Exemplary Practice - Aon Hewitt; Teradata
Learning Technologies - Creating an effective learning environment through the use of technology
- Excellence - Tata Consultancy Services
- Best Practice - CSC; The Boeing Company; Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri A.S.
- Exemplary Practice - CA Technologies; Cisco
Best Overall Corporate University
“I’m grateful to be in this network. The calls I had with other members gave me the information I needed to move my project forward.”Annette RollsLeadership Development Program Designer, Boeing
“We were able to realize almost immediate value—in terms of definitively quantifiable savings—by implementing the concepts introduced during this [Art of Negotiation] program.”Ken MurphyEVP of Sales and Operations, Mattress Firm
“In my particular case, I certainly care about the HR functions, but that’s not why I wake up every day. I care about advancing the ball down the field with our people’s professional development skills and knowledge. You guys focus 100% on the learning piece, and that’s what I like.”Jim StewartCLO, Teradata